Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Job Type: Full Time
Location: , US
Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Description: Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Full-Time, Monday - Friday!
Corpus Christi, Texas!
Guardian Healthcare Providers, Inc. is a trusted staffing partner to organizations and facilities in the areas of behavioral health. We have a new opportunity for a Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to engage full-time with our client facility in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Guardian has been staffing Behavior Analysts in challenging and career fulfilling assignments for nearly 20 years! We understand what is important to BCBAs when selecting their career paths and work projects. This opportunity will challenge the BCBA to apply their skills within a residential setting with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and Behavioral Interventions, which preserve self-determination and mitigating self-harm.
The duties are:
The Behavior Analyst provides senior level behavior analysis services in the form of consultation and technical assistance to individuals with cognitive, developmental, physical and health related needs, working under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The Behavior Analyst provides supervision to behavioral health staff in the area of applied behavior analysis. Performs observations and functional assessments necessary for behavior analysis and service delivery, including restraint reduction, skill acquisition plans, and data analysis of the effects of psychotropic medication. Provides training to staff concerning positive and effective approaches to preventing/addressing challenging behaviors. The Behavior Analyst assists in systematically evaluating the consistent implementation of behavior support plans through personal observation, staff interviews, and review of documentation. The Behavior Analyst is responsible for maintaining knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and departmental and agency policy and for developing systems and procedures to meet the standards and requirements therein. The Behavior Analyst serves on various work groups and committees and may chair Behavior Support Plan Peer Review Committee. The work schedule varies upon request or as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
Attends Work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
Assess behavior needs, determine function of the challenging behavior, and develop behavior plans for people with challenging behaviors.
Participates in mandatory training per HHS policies HHS and procedures, HIPAA policies, state and federal rules and regulations, and ICF-IID regulations, and the requirements in the SSLC’s Department of Justice Settlement Agreement in order to provide quality psychiatric services and care to individuals served.
Provides behavior analysis services in the form of consultation and technical assistance on behalf of residents. Conducts comprehensive functional behavior assessments, develops oral and written reports of the results of such
assessments, and develops or assists in the development of behavior support plans.
Provides training, clinical consultation and consultation to behavioral health staff, interdisciplinary teams, and other staff to facilitate effective behavior analysis interventions and supports for program implementation.
Systematically evaluates the consistent development and implementation of behavior support plans through
personal observation, resident and staff interviews, and review of documentation. May include analysis of trends
and patterns of problem behaviors, use of restrictive and emergency procedures, and treatment results.
Participates in the analysis and provision of behavioral health services related to skill acquisition development and the reduction of peer to peer aggression, restraints, and traumatic stress.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Ability to conduct comprehensive functional behavior assessments and functional (analogue) behavior analysis and to develop behavior support plans.
- Knowledge and skills in applied behavior analysis and behavior support plan development, implementation, and
- Knowledge regarding medications used to assist with behavior management and systems to track treatment effectiveness.
- Ability to evaluate behavioral and program data and to make clinical recommendations based on those data.
- Ability to train staff in programming and related behavioral areas.
- Ability to professionally supervise behavioral and programming staff.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Knowledge and experience in administering all aspects of the delivery of behavioral services to persons with
- intellectual disabilities, including skill acquisition training, peer to peer aggression, restraint reduction, and trauma informed approaches
- Knowledge regarding etiology and characteristics of developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge regarding applicable local, state, and federal laws, federal regulations, and departmental and agency policy related to the provision of behavioral services.
- Advanced writing skills in developing technical reports, grants, research proposals, and other relevant documents.
- Leadership skills in motivating staff and effectively implementing changes.
- Knowledge and skills in using personal computers and relevant software.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, preferred.
Registration or License Requirements:
Must be a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and eligible to be licensed as a Behavior Analyst in Texas. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug test.
Guardian will reward the selected candidate with outstanding, above market pay and benefit eligibility to include life insurance, health insurance, 401K participation, Paid Time Off, relocation assistance, and bonuses negotiable.
Click on the Apply button, or e-mail email@example.com, or text BA Corpus to 502-974-1995 and Ms. Dunbar will text you a reply. We value your time and want to properly inform you about the opportunity within the context of a conversation, so we trust you will be prepared to schedule a call with her.
Guardian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Guardian is following all Covid-19 CDC and Joint Commission guidelines for support and safety of our employees.
<< Return to Search Results